Bridal Veil Falls Raglan
DOC facilities are open. Remember to keep your distance from other users. Find more information here: www.doc.govt.nz/news/issues/covid-19/
Only 15 minutes’ drive from Raglan, the spectacular 55-metre-high Bridal Veil Falls, also known as the Wairēinga Falls is a popular Waikato walking track.
The Wairēinga/Bridal Veil Falls walk is an easy 10 minute walk through native bush, following the Pakoka River for most of the way, to two viewing platforms at the top, both providing stunning vistas and ample photo opportunities of the plunging white falls flanked by grey rock and green bush.
Looking down to the base of the waterfall, you will see soft sandstone rocks, worn away by the water to form a large amphitheatre.
A steep set of steps leads down to the bottom of the falls. From here there is another magnificent view, directly across the pool and up at the falls.
Wairēinga / Bridal Veil Falls walk details
- Time: 10 minutes to the top lookout
- Track conditions: The first section of track to the top lookout is accessible for assisted wheelchairs and buggies.
- Getting there: The falls are signposted from State Highway 23, between Te Uku and Raglan.
- More info: www.doc.govt.nz
- Please Note: Many of the walking trails in the Waikato region do not allow dogs. Hamilton & Waikato Tourism recommend checking with the Department of Conservation before taking your dog on any of the trails in the region.